Saturday, September 27, 2008

God has spoken. God is speaking.

The Desiring God conference opened with the thunderous anthem of singing, "God has spoken..." For me it was a settling call to listen with an open, Spirit-prepared heart to the Word of God especially for me this weekend. As I sang, I realized with new clarity that God has spoken, and He gave me ears to hear. And I am overwhelmingly thankful.

My thoughts carried me deeper. Imagine for a moment if God would have sat in silence before a formless and void earth, resolving to never utter the words, "Let there be light." Our world, our lives, would be nothing. No singing would fill this hall with praise. No speakers would minister to our souls with words of conviction and truth. Words powerfully shape our worlds, our souls, our vitality, our hope, and our futures.

Which brings me to the special encouragement the Lord brought to me as I continued to sing (and meditate). God is still speaking. We open the treasure of the Word and His breath is as fresh today in our souls as it was the day it was penned with the quill. He not only spoke long ago, but inside our beings He continues to speak holy words personally through something we call the Word.

God is not silent. He is still speaking. I want to be quick to listen.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're having an awesome time... and hearing God speak! His voice is an amazing thing to listen to :)


    In Christ,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thought, Kaysie...

    I'm still thinking about it...

    :) It surely would be sad if God hadn't created our world ...I've actually never thought about it before, but yes, I am SO glad God said "Let there be light" and then all the rest that followed. :)

    Quite a good post. Glad you're loving the conference!!

    ~Julia~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julia. It is a good thing to think about...

    ReplyDelete