Saturday, September 13, 2008

Evergreen Devotion


Blessed is the man
who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree
planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
The wicked are not so,
but are like chaff that the wind drives away.

Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
for the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.

Psalms 1

4 comments:

  1. Ah, isn't that a great Psalm?

    Look at the contrast between the wicked and the righteous there. The righteous are a well-rooted and productive tree, but the wicked are like a dried up plant that has no root system at all.

    RYC: I think the only thing we can do to honor them is remember. Some people just do it differently then others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric, I know... I LOVE that Psalm! :)

    Great point about honoring by remembering. That could translate into other areas of life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this Psalm! The reason it's so special to me is because this passage was used in the first word I ever received, given to me and a few other ladies by a dear, mature sister in the Lord. She said the part that God emphasized the most on was "leaf". 'it's leaf does not wither...' She gave us all a leaf pendant to remember it by, and so every time I see my little leaf and wear it, I'm reminded of this promise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kasie, that is amazing. The leaf pendant is a wonderful idea. I am sure you treasure it. :)

    ReplyDelete