Friday, October 31, 2008

Wait Quietly



"It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."
"Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has He in His anger shut up His compassion?"
"I said in my alarm, "I am cut off from Your sight." But You heard the voice of my pleas for mercy when I cried to You for help."
"Will not God give justice to His elect, who cry to Him day and night? Will He delay long over them? I tell you, He will give justice to them speedily."
"Wait for the Lord, and He will deliver you."
"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!"
"You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and you will see the salvation of the Lord."
"Let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."
"See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and late rains."

Lam. 3:26, Ps. 77:9, Ps. 32:22, Luke 18:7, 8, Prov. 20:22, Ps. 37:7, 2 Chron. 20:17, Gal. 6:9, Jas. 5:7

This was in my Daily Light yesterday morning. I thought it was too good not to share with everyone. These verses can speak to people in many seasons of life, and I hope God gives you hope and guidance in whatever place you are through His living and restoring Word.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for putting these up Kaysie. The Lord encouraged me through them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Sharon. These are amazing verses.
    (well, they are all amazing!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great verses. They all tie in together :P

    RYC: I'm glad you liked my post. I always seem to have the strangest experiences at the library. Maybe it is because I just mix with people more? I'm not sure. Actually I need to get all my posts I've written on funny stuff that has happened at the library and put it in a book!

    I think running a bookstore would be so cool. Not a new one, but a used book store. Don't you just love books? ;)

    I'll be emailing shortly about Cross Eyed.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a really awesome devotional. It was a breathe of fresh air to see that. Sometimes life can get you down and you need a boost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eric, I love these verse too. And yes, I just love books. Owning a used book store would be really fun, especially if you offered coffee and tea. ;)

    Becki, I know, I just love that devotional. I am glad these verses were a blessing to you. :)

    ReplyDelete