Friday, November 30, 2007

Alabaster Heart: Ella

I am very pleased to introduce you to a new friend of mine! Her name is Ella and she is 17 years old. She lives with her family in the beautiful state of Idaho. She is currently finishing up her senior year of homeschool high school and plans to remain a stay-at-home daughter until she gets married and has a family of her own.

1) How and when did you first come to know Jesus as your Lord?
When I was four years old, I asked Jesus into my heart in the quiet of my room. However, I had more of a stagnant walk; I felt like I had done enough so I wouldn't go to hell. Yet, around age 14, I had an awakening of sorts. I got serious in my relationship with Him...and there has been no turning back since!

 
2) What has been the biggest change in your life as a result of salvation?

 
The Lord has led me, as a result, to walk the path less traveled. That means I have chosen not to go to college, not to date, dress modestly, etc. Christ has made me want to obey His ways in all things, even if it means pain and loneliness.

 
3) What is your favorite thing about Jesus?

 
His grace, His mercy, and His faithfulness. Why He doesn't give up on me I will never know. I just thank Him for giving me a new chance every single day. And when I fail, He picks me up and gets me started again.

 
4) What do you feel God's purpose for your life is?

 
It is to magnify and praise His name. Yet, I believe He has led me to do this as a wife and mother...and to author a book on modesty.

 
5) What is the hardest thing for you to live out as a set apart woman?

 
The fact that I am to be set apart. It is so hard to reject the lies of the world! I mean, I know I am to reject the fads of now, the dress code, everything. However, my God is good! He reminds me that He will carry me through the storms I face.

 

6) What woman has impacted your walk with God more than anyone else?

 
My mother. She has taught me so much on Biblical, feminine womanhood. I couldn't be the way I am if not for her loving guidance.

 
7) In your daily walk with God, what are a few things that you do to remain renewed and focused on God?

 
I always try to pray. No, they aren't these long, "glamorous" prayers, but when I am struggling, I step aside and turn the situation over to the Father. I also listen to music. For me, music helps me in my spiritual walk; it feeds me, encourages me, and yes, convicts me.

 
8) If you could say one thing to other Christian girls what would you say?

 
"It isn't a bad thing to be different than the world. I won’t say it is without pain, but the pain only lasts so long. If we are faithful, God promises to be faithful to His promises. I wouldn't have things any other way."

 

9) What do you do to entertain yourself?

 
I love to read, play the piano, bake yummy goodies, watch old movies, and work on my blog.


 
10) What are some of your favorite books?

 
I absolutely love the works of Louisa May Alcott and Jane Austen! In a modern Christian realm, I enjoy Karen Kingsbury. However, I am enjoying biographies on the lives of William Wilberforce and Peter Marshall. Also, I love Christian living (So Much More, I Kissed Dating Good-bye, etc...).

 
11) What is one of your favorite things to do in the course of a day?

 
Oh....that is hard! Everything I said in #9 would be accurate =)

 
12) What is your favorite bible verse?

 
I will give references to a couple of them. Lamentations 3:22-23, Jeremiah 29:11, Galatians 6:9, Matthew 5:10

 
13) As far as music goes, who is your favorite artist and why? (Also name a couple of your favorite songs)

 
Steven Curtis Chapman without a doubt! I love the lyrics to his songs. His latest CD is in my player. However I also love Mercy Me's "Bring the Rain" (it has encourages me through some tough times lately) Casting Crown's "East to West", Brian Littrel's "In Christ Alone", Jeremy Camp's "More Than Enough" and Rebecca St. James' "Wait For Me" can constantly be found in my player too.

 
14) Can you describe yourself in one word?

 
Different. =) Not many people can understand why I am the way I am.

 
15) What is your favorite quote? (From someone other than Christ)

 
As I stated, I have grown to enjoy the works of Rev. Peter Marshall. He was a chaplain in the US Senate. Anyway, I cannot write all that I love; I would take up far too much space! His stands on womanhood mean a lot. I would encourage you all to learn about him. I can also find inspiring, encouraging, convicting quotes in books I read all the time!

 
16) What is your favorite thing about this blog?

 
Reading Kaysie's opinions =) She is a kindred spirit in many ways.

8 comments:

  1. Hello Ella,
    I wanted to be the first to comment on your beautiful life and sincere love for God.
    I have been so encouraged through reading your blog and your e-mails. Thank you for reaching out in friendship and encouraging my heart.
    Also, thank you for doing this profile for me...I know so many will be encouraged.
    Keep shining, Ella! :)
    Your friend,
    Kaysie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Ella! I have been so blessed by your lovely friendship and pure heart. I am privileged to call you a kindred spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You seem like such a sweet Christan girl! Thank you so much for being such a Godly example to us!

    Carley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ella,
    Your humble and sincere heart is so evident just by your answers to a few questions! Wow! You seem to be a very tender and loving young lady, and that is so encouraging to see! May the Lord richly bless you!
    Courtney <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaysie, thank you for asking me to do this; I found it extremely humbling. To the rest of you, thank you for your words. Soli Deo Gloria (To God be the glory Alone!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear Ella,
    I love the fact that you know what you like and what you have passion about. All of your answers seemed to say that.
    You said a couple of things about modesty, which is a big subject with me, too. Continue to live in Christ!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ella,
    I really loved learning more about you and visit your other blogs frequently. I had a quick question about a stay-at-home daughter. I've heard of a stay-at-home mom (mine is!) but never a stay-at-home daughter and wondered what it is and if it holds any Biblical truth? Any thing you can tell me would be much appreciated! -Morgan
    morgan_2008@iamfinallyfree.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for answering my question Ella!

    --Morgan

    ReplyDelete