Thursday, November 29, 2007

Verses of Encouragment


I was reading in 2 Corinthians this morning and found these verses to be such an encouragment! I thought I would share them with you all.

 
"For we do not preach ourselves but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your bondservants for Jesus' sake.

 
For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness,"

is the One who has shown in our hearts

to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God

in the face of Christ.

 
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that

the surpassing greatness of the power

will be of God and not from ourselves;

 
we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed;

 
perplexed, but not despairing;

 
persecuted, but not forsaken;

 
struck down, but not destroyed;

 
always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body."

 
I pray you were blessed by the beautiful Word of God.

7 comments:

  1. AMEN! :)
    Thanks for sharing... those verses are a very special encouragement to my own heart!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those were really great verses, Kaysie. thanks for the time and effort you must have put into doing this wonderful blog for us! God is surely speaking through your abundant life. love ya!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blogged the same verse..what is God teaching us?!?
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice blog going here! God bless!

    every-thought-captive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great reminder!
    i especially like the part "struck down, but NOT destroyed"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The comment above was an advertisement for some new website, and was written entirely in Spanish...so I didn't think anyone would enjoy it. :)

    Rachel Marie, I am so glad your heart was encouraged...thank you for visiting!

    Camille, it is a pleasure and a joy to my heart to do this blog, and I am so glad you are enjoying it.

    Heather, wow, that is pretty neat that we blogged the same verses...thanks for visiting again. :)

    Kaylene, thank you for your comment and for stopping by. I am looking forward to checking out your blog!

    Nicole, thanks for your comment! I am enjoying reading your blog. :)

    Thank you all for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God that we are not crushed!! He is so good!

    ReplyDelete