Thursday, February 5, 2009

Scraps of Words

23287254

Lord I struggle putting words on paper tonight--
for who shall see and who shall judge?
Worry is a weight around my neck.
It chokes the growth and life I love.
Let me breathe.

My heart is a treasure chest filled with simple words of beauty,
but I have lost the key and it remains locked.
This wall won't budge that I've been pushing.
Make it move.

Chaos and stress are laying their bricks,
building these walls higher and higher
and I am left lonely and enclosed by consuming fear
of failure and pride.
Break the wall.

God, I feel the breeze filtering through my gaps,
I want You more than this closed-in kingdom I've created.
Sing me Your songs of redemption and truth,
let me know that this hymn is pulling me to You.
I feel Your touch.

Reaching, yearning, crying for You--
Nothing else will satisfy, I know that now.
Take me back to simple things, like melody and peace.
Lay my head back on Your shoulder.
I trust again.

8 comments:

  1. those words could have come straight out of my own heart as well... thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again - thank you Kaysie.

    I felt it, but couldn't say it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies! You are always such an encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was amazing once again, Kaysie. God has given you such a great gift of combining words to glorify God and encourage others. My favorite part was the first verse...no, the second...or maybe the last. OK, my favorite part was the whole thing ;) I especially could relate to, "for who shall see and who shall judge?" When I write, I sometimes secretly wonder, "Is someone going to judge me for this? Will it encourage people or make them mad?" Your poems always have a way of speaking to me ;)
    ~Arianna~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Earl, thanks! :)

    Arianna, aww, thank you! You are so encouraging. Yes, I understand about writing posts and wondering, "Will anyone get offended by this? Will they like it?" I am learning just to publish in faith. ;)
    Thank you for encouraging me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Kaysie...I think so many of us can relate to it--I know I can! My attention was also caught by the line "For who shall see and who shall judge?" I'm kind of a think-outside-the-box type of person most of the time, so when I write, I always struggle when I publish new posts--what will people think? Will I be judged by this particular thing I said I believe in? Blogging has been a great growing experience for me, because it's taught me to simply write what is on my heart and what I believe is to be found when I enter into the heart of my relationship with my Savior. It takes courage sometimes to write something that may seem a little "out there", but if I know that it's what God has impressed on my heart and mind to share, I have to have faith in Him, and do just that.

    I really like the last lines..."Take me back to simple things..." It's so true that when we get caught up in the complexity of life, we forget to examine the presence of our Father's voice, which is the origin of inspiration. I have been praying the equivalent of these words for a while now. I need to hush the constant screaming of unimportant things that constantly beckon me, and instead run to my Father--He will cover my ears from hearing distractions, and speak truth to my heart.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and reading through my poem! Your comment meant so much to me! :)

    In His arms,
    --Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen.

    I loved the progression of your prayer... it was so honest and comforting and real. I can relate to your struggles, and I'm grateful that your poem serves as a reminder of God's grace in the hard times. Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete