Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Is Jesus Enough?

24980120


I wanted to share a little of my heart with you tonight about something that the Lord has been instructing and comforting me with in regard to the longings and desire of my heart for a future husband.



In the moments of impatience that can consume us while waiting for something/someone, the Lord has given me great grace and strength of heart through listening to His simple but profound calling to His question only my heart can hear, "Am I enough for you?"

Even as I write those words, I have to surrender an honest answer. I want always to quickly and passionately answer Him, "Yes, dear Jesus, You are more than enough for me..." And isn't He really, truly enough for us, dear lovers of God? So much more.

"For He has satisfied the thirsty soul, and the hungry soul He has filled with what is good." (Ps. 107:9)

He is very, very good. O Lord, fill us with Yourself.

I hope this has given you a little encouragement and spurring to consider His calling to you... "Am I enough?" anytime your soul suffers from discontent.

::::::::



All of You is more than enough for all of me, for every thirst and every need. You satisfy me with Your love, and all I have in You is more than enough.

You are my supply, my breath of life. And still more awesome than I know. You are my reward worth living for, and still more awesome than I know.

All of You is more than enough for all of me, for every thirst and every need. You satisfy me with Your love, and all I have in You is more than enough.

You're my sacrifice of greatest price, and still more awesome than I know. You're the coming King, You are everything, and still more awesome than I know.

More than all I want, more than all I need, You are more than enough for me. More than all I know, more than all I can say, You are more than enough for me.

~Chris Tomlin Sept. 2002

9 comments:

  1. AMEN, Kaysie! This was beautiful, and very appreciated. I praise God for His ultimate sufficiency! He is indeed MORE than enough. And until the right time and the right "one" comes, it is so freeing to simply be *satisfied* in His LOVE. His AMAZING LOVE. :)

    God bless you, Kaysie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our pastor spoke on this subject a few months ago. He said that when we turn to other things for happiness, we are truly saying the the Lord "You are not enough for me!"

    This post is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen - He is enough. I just sometimes have to stop and think about it! He is all I need - He is PERFECT for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, sister! Love the poem/song that you posted! I need to print it out and write it in my journal.

    Funny. The next night at Wednesday night Bible Study the young man preaching mentioned that God is all sufficient--He's enough--for us! May I add that He's SO MUCH MORE than enough!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I've listened to that Chris Tomlin song many times, I had never thought about it in reference to being content. (I'm not sure why I hadn't) Thank you for sharing your wisdom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I found your blog via Jimena's and read a little bit a while ago. I hope you don't mind me asking this but I have written a blog post on Titus 2v3-5 (more of a blog question really) and would appreciate your comments when you have time.
    Thanks, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post Kaysie!!! I have had such a similar experience... I'll be skiing or walking and thinking, "How wonderful it would be if HE was with me now!" and then it's like I hear Him say, "Your husband isn't, but I am," and you're right -- that's more than enough for me!

    (Love the Chris Tomlin song too!)
    Phylicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is more than enough. You've reminded me again about this thing. I love your postings, Kaysie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. As much as He is enough ,this is not the way he planed it .. the Bible says so .
    Let us established first that Christ was there and participated in the creation of man ..
    Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

    Who was God referring to when he said let us ?
    let me submit to you Jesus was there.But my words are nothing lets look at another Bible verse
    Colossians1 : 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
    15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    many more scripture support this but lets deal with the topic.
    So Christ was present at creation. He saw the loneliness of man .
    Geneses 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him.
    20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found a help meet for him.
    Adam was lonely.

    We were never meant to be alone .. Don't ever think it is normal.. Because of sin in the world finding your Adam or Eve might be difficult.. but it was never the plan before sin came on the scene..

    Hold fast my dear friend God will provide .. if not in this life in the earth made new...
    If he says that Eden will be restored i have no doubts that the family will be restored too.

    ReplyDelete