Tuesday, January 5, 2010

start the day right

What are some things you simply must have to start your day off right? Well, one of my necessities is brewing downstairs and the other is sitting on the end table beside me. A hot cup of tea puts the "good" in my morning, but the leather-bound book at my elbow filled with underlines and red words gives meaning to my life. But I am sometimes guilty of neglecting it. Somehow it seems easier to pour a second cup of tea than to peel open the cover of God's Word and drink it in. Really, it makes no sense because those words on holy pages would outlast the effects even a good cup of tea has on me.

But with every morning comes the opportunity to begin it right. This morning has the potential to launch a wonderful day given the right fuel. And so with a steaming mug of tea in hand, I open wide the beautiful gilded pages that history and time couldn't erase and pray my heart listens. It's going to be a good day.

5 comments:

  1. Yes tea is good, but coffee is even better in the morning. Tea is more of an evening thing with me. Glad to see another post, keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your write! I pray your heart will come more and more alive through Christ.


    PS: I added your blog to the list of "Useful Sites" on my blog.


    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love a hot cup of tea with honey(my fav is cucumber white and the other is strawberry). Thanks for sharing the struggle to stay grounded in the Word of God daily. My goal this year is to allow the Word, "to dwell richly" in me. God is faithful...may I too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you say every morning is an opportunity to begin it right, thank God for that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your blog especially the Tea category & Purity.

    Keep it going

    ReplyDelete