Wednesday, January 13, 2010

bouquet of sharpened pencils

It's that wonderful time of the year where textbooks arrive in the mail, the calendar becomes cluttered with test dates and reading schedules, and enjoyable things like blogging begrudgingly take their place in the back row of life. Yes, college has resumed and life hits a new gear. But in all honesty, I cannot dismiss the child-like thrill of looking through new textbooks and course notes, eager to discover the knowledge this semester will offer.

When I was younger, my favorite part of school was the beginning of the semester. Not only was I excited about new classes and books, but Mom and I would always venture to the office supply store to pick out new notebooks, pencils, pens, and other delectable writing materials that I seem to never get enough of.

All this to say, I am going to try my best to continue in my blogging motivation, but if I disappear you'll know why. Professors demand a little more attention than my creative writing, unfortunately. But I'll do my best to stick around.

5 comments:

  1. May the Lord bless you~ Kaysie! ;)
    There is a season for everything!!! :)

    Love~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I know what you mean about getting new textbooks, or new notebooks and supplies. There is something so fresh and inviting about them that just urges the creative muse into action. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I alwayssss like new stuff, new stationary, new books, new notebooks, I love new things! :D But one old thing I always love, your blog. Ah, well it's not old anyway, but I'm loving it! Please keep posting, Kaysie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address...but then again, not knowing has it's charms..."

    ReplyDelete