Monday, December 3, 2007

Lessons From Psalms 37

"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him and He will do it. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light and your justice as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret because of Him who prospers in his way, because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. Cease from anger and forsake wrath; do not fret; it leads only to evildoing." (Psalms 37:3-8)

These verses have a very special place in my heart, for God has taught me many beautiful things through them. I'm sure you understand...I think every believer has those few "special" verses that God has used (uses) mightily in their lives.

These verses contain such abundant wisdom and amazing promises for every day and every life.

I remember many years ago when God gave me these verses - I had actually read them many times before, but this time God really spoke to my heart through them - it was as if I literally heard His voice speaking these words at a time in my life when I was searching for direction and hope, and God was so faithful to answer through His Word. These are great life verses!

In the near future I will write (by God's grace) four posts dissecting the four commands found in these verses: trusting, delighting, committing, and resting in God.

I pray you are powerfully encouraged through God's Word.

7 comments:

  1. great job, Kaysie! You've made us proud again! I love those verses... they speak so many helpful things. (of course, everything in the Bible is helpful)
    It really shows me that it's not good to worry. Thanks for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!!
    i can't wait... i am sure it will be a blessing to me!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your encouraging words...they mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God truly does give us the desires of our heart when we are delighting ourselves in Him!!

    Good stuff!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've often meditated on that verse. I've come to a keen awareness that people misuse the promise for selfish gain (though we don't think of it that way) when in actuality when we truly delight in the Lord, we are dead to our self.

    Thanks for your thoughts here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Kaysie,
    I meant to put the above comment under your post about Psalm 37:4
    :-/

    ReplyDelete