Tuesday, April 21, 2009

windows of life

23482179


Funny how windows become a mirror to what is inside a house at nighttime. We briefly experience what it feels like looking into our portholes, watching familiar forms and movements live and settle. What kind of people are we?



Talking on a cellphone.
Dishes on the table.
Faces on the television.
Candles on the mantle.

People muddling through life trying to understand our puzzles.

Do we seldom stop and look in the mirrors? If we idled long enough what would we see? Life is a moment, a green light before yellow, a sip before the swallow. Do I cherish the colors that stain the glass I look through?

8 comments:

  1. Very poetic, beautiful, and thought-provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara Nicole, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... that was lovely and quite thought provoking, Kaysie!! ;)

    With Much Love
    Your Sister in Christ,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. introspection...
    We dont do it enough.
    Its one of those things we need to do more.

    amen
    Excellent use of words.
    how is school going ?
    I know its tough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Jen, thank you. :)

    Earl, I agree. School is going good, I hope. ;) I should be finished by Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This must be Exam time you haven't posted for 2 weeks.
    I pray that you do well .
    I mist your refreshing
    May God help you to remember all that you have learnt
    May He bring you through successful in the exams/studies.
    I hope assignments are not killing you lol ..:-)
    take care
    Gods Blessing ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaysie, have you even heard the song Windows in the World by Andrew Peterson? Well, this post made me think of it! Hope you're doing well!
    XOXO, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caroline, yes, I actually have! I love Andrew Peterson. Hope you are dong well too! God bless!

    ReplyDelete