Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Stay Close

24980120

Far back as I can remember I have loved Psalms 73, especially the ending:
Whom have I in heaven but You?
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
For, behold, those who are far from You will perish;
You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You.
But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
That I may tell of all Your works.

Throughout the seasons of life, I find myself returning and feeding on the beautiful truths and comfort found here. Because honestly, at all times, I desire God's nearness above all. This psalm presents such an honesty about my frailty: my flesh and my heart fail me. They are unfaithful to trust in. And stability I seek can't settle upon either of these.

But Jesus -- sweet Jesus -- is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. He is a rock that is higher than I. He is the exact amount I need every day. When I lack courage and my knees shake under the fear, Christ infuses a perfect timely strength which enables me to keep walking in faith. When I struggle with desires for more, for seasons in the future, for what I don't have, Jesus is my portion. He is and gives exactly what I need for every moment. My cup is always full.

When I wander from His presence I dreadfully perish. My nurishement and hope is misplaced onto objects weak and vain, and I feel their deficientcy in my core. My good is found only in the Lord's nearness. He is my refuge and desire. My greatest need and purpose is to stay close to Jesus... for my joy is found in Him.

UPDATE:

This morning brought the news of my grandmother's death from cancer. I humbly ask for your prayers for my family and myself as we travel to participate in the funeral. Considering what I wrote in this post last night reminds me of the strength and portion He daily gives. His nearness is my greatest comfort.

Thank you for your prayers and comments! It means so much to know you are praying.

11 comments:

  1. Amen,For by these things you have outlined i know that there is a God. Its all the proof we need that Jesus exist.
    When He works in our life to bring peace and comfort we no its not a fairy tale. We know his Word is not fiction.
    We know he cares.
    By this we are certain He is real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! Thank you for putting all your thoughts together so beautifully. They are a blessing and an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaysie,

    My prayers and condolences to you and your family. May God bring about a peace throughout this time that passes all understanding.

    Safe travels, Dear,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my friend.

    May God reveal himself through this situation in ways that will bless you, your family and anyone who has heard or known your dear grandmother.

    May God's grace and nearness truly be your comfort, Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you Kaysie...

    Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. . . . For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
    ~Isaiah 41:10, 13 (KJV)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Condolences in this time of lost.
    We Christian have the blessed hope of meeting with our love ones. They are one step close to Gods coming than we who are alive. Death is a sleep.a Blink .the next thing our loves will see is Christ coming Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

    Our prayers are with your family

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Psalms 73 too! I have found such hope and strength in those words during tough times.

    My prayers are with your family! It's so hard to lose a loved one! God bless you Kaysie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sympathies and condolences for you lose and yet your post holds so much promise and brings forth much comfort. I pray that is all the comfort you will need at this time. I shall be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have my prayers, Kaysie. God be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Kaysie, I pray God to be close to you and your family in this difficult time. He is always near us in good days and bad. I am sure you can see Him, feel Him, hear Him whatever comes into your life and wherever you may go. God bless you my dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kaysie, thank you for what a wonderful note that bless me so much..i just read stay close, then i was remembered that the only one answer of whatever problem that i have is " He is more than enough for me, whom i have in heaven but YOU, there's nothing i desire beside you"
    Nowadays, i just facing my giant through my career that makes me somehow feel so worried and afraid to facing it.
    Thank you Kaysie, i also pray for you and your family, deep condolence for you. Blessing..

    ReplyDelete