Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Song of Faithfulness

24287452While writing the previous post about remaining faithful to God over our feelings, this song kept resurfacing in my mind. I have to share it with you all. Brooke Fraser is the one who wrote and sings this beautiful masterpiece of a song... I love her music and lyrical quality. I will post the lyrics below as well as a video containing the song so you can listen while you read. I have held this song closely through many nights of weeping after God's presence. I hope you enjoy it just as much.

Faithful

There's distance in the air and I cannot make it leave
I wave my arms round about me and blow with all my might
I cannot sense You close, though I know You're always here
But the comfort of You near is what I long for

[CHORUS]
When I can't feel You, I have learned to reach out just the same
When I can't hear You, I know You still hear every word I pray
And I want You more than I want to live another day
And as I wait for You maybe I'm made more faithful

All the folly of the past, though I know it is undone
I still feel the guilty one, still trying to make it right
So I whisper soft Your name, let it roll around my tongue,
knowing You're the only One who knows me
You know me

[CHORUS]

[BRIDGE]
Show me how I should live this
Show me where I should walk
I count this world as loss to me
You are all I want
You are all I want

12 comments:

  1. Kaysie,
    What a blessing to know that Christ is faithful!!

    "...I will never leave you, nor forsake you."
    -Hebrews 13:5

    Blessed Sabath day to you, Kaysie!

    Love in Christ,
    Miss Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Jen, yes it is... happy Sabbath to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this Kaysie! It's such a comfort to me tonight....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, I am so glad you liked it! :)

    Ella, yes, this is one of my favorite songs ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Kaysie. Do you mind if I "steal it" and add it to my blog playlist?? :-)
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure, Brianna! Take it - isn't it a great song?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't listen to the song but the lyrics certainly are pretty - and direct.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful song!! Thanks Kaysie.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jillian, maybe you can look it up on iTunes? It is really beautiful.

    Sara, you're welcome! I am glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kaysie, it will play for me, but I am at work. I don't have an earphone jack on my computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jillian, oh... so you don't want everyone around you staring at the music resounding from your desk? ;) I completely understand.

    ReplyDelete