Friday, August 29, 2008

Alabaster Box: 1 year old!

One year ago today marks the creation of this blog. Honestly, when I started blogging, I didn't think I would keep it up. I hardly understood what a blog was. Just goes to show there is much I have yet to learn.

For me, blogging has been a surprising blessing. It is more than a place to type and publish. I share my heart with people. The gospel is spreading through a little corner of the internet. Friendships are forming with people I will probably never meet until eternity. I am growing in my love for the Lord by writing why, how, and Who I love. Having a place to share my thoughts knowing someone is listening is a refreshing comfort. And hearing from readers across the globe is humbly amazing, and a pleasure I wasn't anticipating. Through my 157 posts and your 1,248 comments, I have learned much. You are a huge part of this journey.

And in honor of my 1 year blogoversary post, I simply wanted to thank you...

You have encouraged, challenged, inspired, refreshed, corrected, embraced, and loved me - someone you have yet to ever meet - by listening to my heart and responding with kindness. It is more than I could ask for.

So here is to another year of sharing and discussing through this creative world of blogging.

Thank you, thank you.

15 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations and happy birthday blog!!! :) My goodness, 1,248 comments. Phew, that's a lot. You have a big impact on a lot of youngsters out in this world. Keep it up, and God bless your work!

    With love, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. But thank YOU too Kaysie, for sharing with us what's on your heart and encouraging and blessing us with your writings. You're doing a fantastic job, and I'm so glad I came across your blog!

    Happy 1st birthday! :-) In another month or two, we'll be having our blog's first birthday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaysie-I am so glad I came across your blog via Kindred Spirit Network! I am looking forward to your future posts and encouragement~may God continue to use you to uplift other Christians. 'Happy Blogoversary!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogoversary!
    You have been such an encouragement, and a joy, and thank you for your obedience to God!
    Keep up the amazing work!

    Carley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Kaysie!!!

    Happy Blogoversary! Your posts have been immensly encouraging and uplifting and edifying to me.
    Thank YOU, sweet Miss Kaysie, for your wonderful blog!! :) Keep at it! :D

    Love and blessings,
    Julia from Julia's Journal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogoversary!
    Your blog has been a great encouragement to me. It's amazing how quickly a year can fly by!
    Continue to grow "rooted and built up in Him", and keep posting! You have blessed SO many I'm sure; but myself especially!
    In Christ,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaysie,
    Hey, Happy Blogo-whatever-you-call-it!!!! :) I've loved your blog from the beggining, and I'm glad you decided to start one! It's so great to see God working though you in so many ways! Speaking of the beggining, have you ever thought of reading through some of your older\first posts? I just thought it might be cool to see where you started from!
    Love, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Camille, I actually have read through some of my old posts. It is interesting to look back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Alabaster Box!!

    May God continue to work through you using this blog, Kaysie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kaysie,
    I've been reading your blogs for the past few weeks and I just love the insight the that Lord has given you. I'm probably not one of your typical blog readers because I'm in my 40s and just to hear your heart on issues makes me wish that in my 20s I had as much insight has you have in your early 20s. I'm encouraging young women at my Church to view your website. Be blessed and know that you have an audience that probably consist of women beyond their 20s. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We all love you Kaysie and you have been such a blessing for us!!!! Thank you for the constant encouragement and wisdom. Speaking of meeting this side of eternity... do you know if you are coming to DG? If so we have to make a plan to meet for lunch or something. To meet you in person would be so amazing! Let me know! ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blogoversary! I'm so happy that you chose to blog and share a little of your heart and your insights with us. You're a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations and I'm so glad you decided to blog and stop by my blog awhile back. You've definitely blessed me with your writing and I definitely enjoy your blog! :)

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy bloggin' birthday! That's quite an accomplishment. :) I think today might be the first time I've run across your blog, and I really like what I see. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete