Friday, September 11, 2009

vision of a sunset

DSC09614

I stare
at a sunset.

last moment of daytime beauty
before her last breath is taken
and she sinks beneath the tree line.

my world is tinted in gold
rays of yellow kiss the silence around me.

as a mother lowers herself to look
into her child's face
i look the sunset straight in the eyes
with no fear.

the pace of dusk is haunting
mesmerizing
captivating.

colors shoot like fireworks out of her smile
the sky is polluted
with whispering glory.

I stare
at a sunset.

her call comes to us every evening
tugging at our sleeves

tonight our eyes met
I could not look away.

wonder floods my vision
sending echoes of clarity
into every sacred place beneath my skin.

listen to her wordless sermon.

loneliness is not the doom
or patient torment of existence.

through her voice
i hear the pulses of a heart
far greater than my own.

this moment
this beauty
is a fraction of the glory of God.

and I stare
at a sunset.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem, Kaysie! Absolutely beautiful. You have a way with words, girl. :) I always feel like I'm right there when I read your posts, especially your poetry. :)

    Thanks so much for sharing!
    And by the way, I'm sorry I haven't commented in so long! I haven't been on the computer much the last few months. I missed you, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please check under your comments section. I was looking at them, and one said 'angelina jolie' and I clicked on it out of curiosity, and got some pictures that I know you don't intend to have on your site! I don't know a lot about computer technology, but something's definitely wrong and I wanted you to know!

    On a lighter note, I enjoy reading your blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, thank you! I am sorry about that...but thank you for letting me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, kaysie! very, very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey kaysie girl

    Haven't heard from you in a while! How are classes going? What is new with you? I don't think I have your current email or I would contact you that way.

    Love you!
    Phylicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Misanthropist of Pagan DeitiesSeptember 18, 2009 at 5:15 AM

    Why did you make the sun into a feminine persona? I think it's an interesting choice as the sun is generally interpreted as a masculine presence. What prompted you to make that decision?

    Kaysie says:
    I chose a feminine persona because I mirrored the sun to a mother, thus calling for a womanly image. Besides that I can offer no amazing explanation -- except that when I wrote this poem this is how I saw it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Misanthropist of Pagan DeitiesSeptember 18, 2009 at 5:16 AM

    Delete above comment's website link...wrong person...

    ReplyDelete